WELCOME to the Cove Gallery website
The Cove Gallery first opened its doors in January 2010 and over the years has built a strong reputation for promoting the creative talent of west-country based artists and makers. Claire and Steve bought the business in 2015 and have stayed true to this guiding principle whilst broadening the appeal of the gallery to a wider audience by introducing many new artists and makers as well as new gift and card ranges aimed at creating a shopping experience that appeals to locals and holiday makers alike. If you are looking for something to make your house your home, to treat yourself or to show a loved one how much you care for them then you need look no further than the Cove Gallery.
We are fortunate to be located in beautiful Dorset, home of the magnificent Jurassic Coastline and stunning landscapes. It’s not surprising that artists find inspiration in this diverse county and this is evident in the gallery where we have a strong emphasis on the sea and coast.
If you are visiting, we are very easy to find. We are close to Hope Square and Brewer Quay on the picturesque south side of the harbour in Weymouth. A popular destination with lots of browsing opportunities and many fine restaurants, bars and cafes – perfect for soaking up the nautical atmosphere!
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Terms and conditions that apply to any transaction between The Cove Gallery Weymouth (Cove Gallery Weymouth is the trading name of Joseph James (Weymouth) Limited) (‘us’) and a customer (‘you’) and to your use of our website or social media.
Using our website or social media:
- Paintings, prints, glass and ceramics (‘Artworks’) for sale are displayed online with approximate sizes. If you wish to verify framed or unframed sizes please ask us.
- We take care to ensure that the images displayed online faithfully represent the Artworks for sale. However, when you view Artworks online colours and shades may differ to the original.
- All intellectual property rights for any Artworks remain with the artist (‘Artist’) who created them. Reproduction is not permitted without express permission from the Artist.
Reservation, purchase, passing of ownership & VAT:
- If you wish us to reserve an Artwork we will take a deposit and hold the piece for an agreed period.
- All Artworks remain our property until full payment has been made by you.
- On receipt of full payment, ownership and risk transfers to you.
- If you are VAT registered and require a VAT invoice please ask us. You will need to provide your full name and address. Some of the Artworks we sell fall under the ‘margin scheme for works of art’. In this case no input VAT will be claimed by us in respect of such Artworks and VAT will not be shown separately on your invoice and cannot be reclaimed as input tax.
Return of unwanted Artworks purchased in the gallery:
- We do not usually accept the return of Artworks once a sale has been completed. However, we reserve the right to offer you a credit note or an exchange in certain circumstances.
Return of unwanted Artworks purchased having visited our website and subsequently purchased the item over the phone:
- We encourage you to think carefully about your purchase to ensure that you are making the right choice and we are on hand to offer advice before you decide to buy. In the unlikely event that you are unsatisfied with an Artwork once it is received you can cancel your purchase within 7 days of receipt.
- Please email your cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, till receipt number, order date, email address, telephone number and reason for return. You must do this before you return the Artwork to us. You must meet the cost of returning unwanted artwork and you will be responsible for any loss or damage to artwork you return to us. Artwork must be received by us in a fully resalable condition.
- We will process your refund within 7 days of receiving the returned Artwork and payment will be made directly to the debit or credit card you used for the original purchase. However, we are not able to offer a refund if you change your mind about Artwork which has been specifically customised to your requirements (for example when we have framed a painting for you).
- We may obtain your personal data in the course of you making an enquiry or completing a sale. For example if you chose to become a ‘Cove Gallery Crew Member’ and therefore join our mailing list.
- We will use your personal data for the purposes of processing any sale and for keeping you informed about our business.
- We will not pass your information to anyone else.
- We do not hold records of any card details used for sales transactions.
- Anonymous usage data is also collected through Google Analytics to help us optimise our website, for example, to see which pages are most popular and therefore help us optimise the content of the site.